what we believe
- We affirm the Bible to be the inspired, authoritative Word of God and that it is eternally reliable in all matters of Christian faith and practice. II Timothy 3:16,17
- We affirm that there is one God, Creator of all, who is infinitely perfect and eternally subsistent in the persons of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Ephesians 4:6; Psalm 90:1, 2; Matthew 3:16, 17; Colossians 1:15-20.
- We affirm the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life (though tempted in every way), His miracles, His atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. Colossians 2:9; Isaiah 7:14; Hebrew 4:15; Mark 6:30-44; I Peter 1:18,19; Matthew 28:1-10; Acts 1:9; 2:22-33; Mark 13:26-27.
- We affirm that salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. We affirm that repentance toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary to salvation. Ephesians 2:8, 9; Luke 24:46, 47; Romans 3:21, 22; John 3:3-6; II Corinthians 5:17-19; Colossians 3:10
- We affirm believer’s baptism in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ. We encourage baptism by immersion. Matthew 28:19; I Peter 3:18-22; Matthew 3:16; Acts 8: 38-39.
- We affirm the Table of our Lord, the Lord’s Supper for believers. I Corinthians 11:23-26.
- We affirm the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those that are saved to the resurrection of life and those that are lost to isolation from the Living God in hell. I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:1-15; II Thessalonians 1:8-10
- We affirm the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We affirm the fullness of the Holy Spirit as the empowerment of the Christian for witness and service. We affirm that the Holy Spirit provides spiritual gifts to all believers, manifesting them as He wills. We affirm that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are operative today. Romans 8:9-11; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:18; I Corinthians 12:7-11; John 16:13; I Corinthians 14:1; I Corinthians 1:7
- We affirm the Body of Christ as being one Church. We affirm Christ as its head. We affirm all who are born again as its members. We affirm the church’s purpose as having ministry and instruction to itself; and evangelism and service to the world. We affirm the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 12:12,13; Acts 2: 42-27; Ephesians 4: 1-6, 11
- We affirm the ultimate victory of Christ’s Church over the forces of darkness. Matthew 16:18; II Corinthians 10:3-5; Revelation 20:1-15.
- We affirm the ministry and presence of angels, the reality of the devil and demonic forces. Matthew 18:10; Hebrews 1:14; Ephesians 6:10-12.
- New Birth – We proclaim the gospel of salvation by grace through faith; trusting Christ alone for the propitiation of our sins and; responding in obedience by repentance, confession and baptism and; receiving and being sealed by the Holy Spirit
- Authority of Scripture – We believe the Scriptures to be God-breathed and thus the ultimate authority for faith and practice.
- Primacy of Worship – We celebrate “who God is and what He has done in our lives” in active adoration. Our worship services integrate those components found in the early church including celebration of the Lord’s Supper and the exercise of spiritual gifts.
- Fullness of the Holy Spirit – We believe in the ministries of the Holy Spirit convicting sinners, pouring out love into the hearts of the redeemed, empowering for witness, teaching and counseling His Church, bearing fruit of the transformed Christ- character, and gifting us for service with all the gifts operative in the New Testament Church. We believe in the need for “being filled (continuously) with the Holy Spirit”(Ephesians 5:19) for the victorious life in Christ.
- World Evangelism – Jesus has given us a passion for the lost. We implore people everywhere…be reconciled to Christ.
- Nurturing Believers Into Wholeness – II Timothy 3:16, 17 and II Corinthians 3:17-18 have shown that God plans to save us and to transform us into complete Christ-like people. God’s priority of family wholeness is a very high value for us.
- Unity of the Body of Christ – We know the Lord Jesus wants His Church to be united as a witness to who He is…”so that the world will know the Father has sent Him.” Thus, we seek to “work diligently to keep the Unity of the Spirit” with whomever confesses Jesus is Lord.
- Centrality of Prayer – Prayer is essential to the renewal and revival God wants to bring in our lives. We teach and practice prayer. Corporate and individual prayer is practiced and its fruits enjoyed.
- Integrity Restored Relationships – We value relational unity. We seek to speak the truth in love, walk in commitment, lovingly serve one another, and to walk in submission… We practice Matthew 18:15 in that we seek to work through offenses, ask for and give forgiveness… walk on together in respect, preferring one another in Christ.
- Priesthood of All Believers – We know the key to fulfilling the Great Commission and doing the work of ministry is equipping and releasing the “Kingdom of Priests”.
- Sanctity of Life – We believe it is our Lord’s will to defend the sanctity of human life.
- Chastity of Christian People / Sacredness of Christian Marriage – We teach and call believers to walk in and enjoy the freedom of chastity and marital faithfulness.
- We Believe Our Ultimate Battle – is not against flesh and blood, but against demonic principalities and power. We strive to understand and use the weapons our Lord has given the Church for warfare. We understand the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of satanic strongholds. (Ephesians 6:11-13, II Corinthians 10:4,5